12/24/2013

GYM GUIDE NIGERIA: BODY BOOST FITNESS AND HEALTH CLUB

It's Christmas Eve!!! As a child Christmas Eve was one of my best nights. My sister and I believed in Santa Claus, so we would wait up all night to see Santa drop off our gifts, but then sleep off. I can still remember the joy I felt when I went down the next morning and saw loads of gifts under the tree. Then I had at least five gifts with my name labelled on them. But of course, I discovered Santa was my parents and my numerous aunts and uncles. As I got older, the number of gifts under the tree reduced and now I'd be shocked if I saw any present under the tree. 

If you've been in Port-Harcourt, Nigeria over the past few days, you'll probably have noticed the congestion on the roads. I visited a gym with my mum and what should have been a 15 minutes drive, took over an hour long. My mum had been going on about this gym, so I was really looking forward to going and posting this article.

Body Boost Fitness and Health Club, "body boost" for short is located at Deborah Lawson House, Plot F6, Abacha Road, GRA Phase 3, Port-Harcourt, Nigeria. Upon stepping into the reception, I had a good first impression. The reception was clean, tidy and with a fresh smell. I was also quite happy with the gym's facilities. There are a good number of modern equipment: treadmills, elliptical bikes, chest press machines, hip abductor/adductor machine, abdominal crunch machine and a few others. There is also  a good variety of studio classes (dance aerobics, step, spinning, circuit training, pilates) offered. Unfortunately, I did not get to participate in any of the group fitness sessions as most of the instructors were away for the holidays. There is a separate changing room for male and female with shower and toilet facilities, so you can shower after your workout. There is also a restaurant that offers healthy meals. I did not try these, so no comments. In general, I enjoyed my workout and offered my mum a free personal training session.

So, next time you are in Port-Harcourt, or if you live in Port-Harcourt and are looking for a fitness center, head to body boost to meet your workout needs. You can find out more information on their website: http://www.bodyboostng.com

Here are a few pictures of the gym, Enjoy!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive