11/08/2016

FIVE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD USE COCONUT OIL

I have recently fallen in love with coconut oil, not only because of its health benefits but mostly because of its versatility. Upon my pediatrician’s advice, I started using coconut oil on my daughter’s skin and hair. Not long after, I started using it on my skin and hair. I use it to cook and even drizzle one to two teaspoons over my food. I also use it as an ingredient in my home made hair conditioners and soaps. Oh yes! I have gone coconut oil crazy. I use cold-pressed coconut oil which is said to be in its virgin state and more potent. Here are my top five reasons why I love using coconut oil:
When it comes to baby care, coconut oil has helped keep my baby’s skin moisturized, I used it in getting out her cradle cap, and it has helped in preventing my baby’s skin against rashes, especially diaper rash.

I had been using olive oil on my skin for a while, but because I live in a hot climate, my use of olive oil made me sweat a lot. However, I have found coconut oil to lighter and less sticky on my skin. Research shows that using organic virgin coconut oil as a lotion will help improve your skin, hair, and nails due to its moisturizing and smoothing effects that also promote elasticity.

Some natural oils are known to lose their nutrients when heated, however, research shows that coconut oil withstands heat, making it a preferred choice for cooking. I use it to fry eggs, make my red stews and like I mentioned above, I drizzle some over my food.

Coconut oil, although high in saturated fat, has been categorized as good fat. The saturated fat in coconut oil is mostly lauric acid, a medium-chain saturated fatty acid that appears to have a more neutral effect on heart health when compared to longer-chain saturated fats found in meats and dairy products. Research shows that high lauric acid content can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. It doesn’t increase LDL and helps keep arteries flexible and prevent atherosclerosis.

Coconut oil is nourishing for the brain. Studies show that it improves cognitive function, and stalls, or even reverses, neurodegenerative diseases in their early stages. My doctor recommended taking two teaspoons of virgin coconut oil to improve brain function.

These are my top five reasons why I love coconut oil. What are yours? Share in the comment box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive