3/14/2017

TUMERIC TEA...MY LATEST BEVERAGE CRAZE!

I was scrolling through my Instagram feed some weeks ago and came across a yummy looking drink, I read the caption and was intrigued to discover that it was turmeric tea! "Turmeric Tea", I thought, "who drinks that!", my thoughts lingered on. I did know however that turmeric has loads of health benefits, and its benefits spurred me on to try out this new discovery. The end result, it was delicious and I have had a glass of turmeric tea every other day since then and I totally recommend it. Before I give you the recipe, let me state this:

If you are like me (that's before I gained knowledge), you probably think turmeric is curry spice. Curry is a mixture of spices and turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow colour. Curcumin the main active ingredient in turmeric, has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. 

Now the recipe:

In a medium sized glass, add 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric powder, add desired amount of milk (i use three teaspoons), grate in a small amount of ginger root (optional, but great if trying to treat the flu), pour in hot water, enjoy!

Are you going to try this out? let me know if you do!

Stay Fabulous and Fit


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive